On January 28th at 6pm pacific time, join Nat Evans for a live performance and cooking show: Pickle Your Life! Evans will be making Zen temple style pickles with live music & sound accompaniment. Gather ingredients from the list ahead of time and cook along with this live streamed performance as Evans discusses pickle making techniques, corporate food processes, the lives of vegetable cells, and our every day lives. Plus, interdisciplinary artist Coley Mixan will be performing on electric guitar for Pickle Your Life!
- 1 English cucumber or 2-3 Persian cucumbers
- 2 large carrots
- several tablespoons of salt
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of chili flake – ideally Korean chili flake, though any will do, or use your own favorite chili flake!
- Several books of importance to you – have them nearby to add weight. Make sure to pick good ones!